Edited by Gavin T. Colvert
Copyright © 2011 by the American Maritain Association. All rights reserved.
- INTRODUCTION / Gavin T. Colvert
PART I: CIVILIZATION AND THE COMMON GOOD
- "We Are Bruised Souls": Maritain's America Fifty Years On / Peter L. P. Simpson
- We Hold These Truths: Objective Truth, Reasoned Conviction, and the Survival of Democracy / John G. Trapani, Jr.
- The Common Good and the Good Society: The Genesis of a Concept and its Consequences / Joseph M. de Torre
- Moral Absolutes, Moral Relativism, and Political Representation / James M. Jacobs
- Murray After Fifty Years: Reflecting on America and its Proposition / Michael D. Torre
- The Real Alternatives to Just War / James V. Schall, S.J.
- Toward a Recovery of the Moral Sense / Alice Ramos
- Aquinas on Trust and Our Social Nature / Marie I. George
PART II: CIVILIZATION AND THE ARTS
- Visual Intelligence in Painting / Robert Sokolowski
- When Art Fails Humanity: Jacques Maritain on Jean Cocteau, Modernism and the Crisis of European Civilization / Cornelia A. Tsakiridou
- White Nights of the Soul: Christopher Nolan's Insomnia & the Renewal of Moral Reflection in Film / J. L. A. Garcia
PART III: CIVILIZATION, CHRISTIAN MORALITY AND CHRISTIAN CULTURE
- Christian Identity and Scholarly Vocation in a Secularized Society / Carlos A. Casanova
- Christian Morality: A Morality of the Divine Good Supremely Loved According to Jacques Maritain and John Paul II / Denis A. Scrandis
- St. Thomas on Love of Sex and Love of Others / Patrick Lee
- Analogy: Mischief, Malice, and Metaphysics / James G. Hanink
- Truth and Suffering / Joseph J. Califano
- Index of Names